Brilliant, high-gloss, thermoplastic finish & sealer provides the optimum in durability and wear for all floor types.
Outside Sales Trainee
Starline Supply Company, a small,woman-owned janitorial supply distributor in West Oakland, is looking for an outside sales trainee. If you are interested in an opportunity for a career in sales, this is your chance!
The ideal candidate will determine,generate and capture new business in the field as well as maintain existing accounts by visiting clients in-person and through telephone communication.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Scheduling appointments, and meeting with existing customers to establish product needs and determine new opportunities.
- Generating and developing new business in the field by cold calling, introducing our company and products, providing quotes, following through and closing the sale.
- Staying up to date on new product lines by attending sales meetings and demonstrations. Effectively working with manufacturers and vendors in the field and at trade shows.
- Team player will work with customer service, operations, purchasing and accounting to streamline orders, quotes and collections. Must be able to work under pressure and be a good problem solver.
- Full time position with flexible hours. Must attend occasional after-hours demonstrations and/or meetings with customers to problem solve and provide exemplary service.
- Ability to establish working relationships with customers
- Position requires cold calling and opening new accounts
- Must be self-motivated and able to work independently to meet or exceed sales goals
- Janitorial sales experience a plus
- Possesses strong presentation, negotiation, and closing skills
- Enthusiastic positive personality
- Effective time management, organizational and multitasking skills
- Strong communication skills in writing and verbal
- Fluent in Microsoft office (or equivalent) and generally “computer literate”
- Legally eligible to work in the United States.
- Must live in the East Bay Area or San Francisco
- Applicants with outside sales (business to business) will have an advantage.
- Clean driving record and reliable transportation
This is a commission-based sales position. A guarantee will be offered during the training period depending on experience, qualifications and education. Car allowance and phone offered after initial training period.
Health benefit package and 401K after probationary period.
Job Type: Full-time
- Oakland, CA
- High school or equivalent
- Sales: 1 year
Required license or certification:
- California Driver’s License